Top Reasons Why People Choose to Get LASIK Surgery
LASIK is a surgical procedure where the eye’s cornea is reshaped to reduce a person’s dependency on glasses or contact lenses. LASIK means Laser In Situ Keratomileusis because it uses an excimer laser. LASIK Eye surgery uses lasers to reshape the eye cornea in a particular way that helps the light enter the eye at an angle. This further gives the eye an ideal vision.
LASIK is one of the most sought-after treatments for correcting vision which helps people get rid of their contact lenses and glasses. It helps in vision correction and permanently treats refractive disorders like myopia, hyperopia, etc.
Lasik surgery eliminates near-sightedness and far-sightedness, which are the key reasons people need to wear contact lenses or glasses. Here are a few reasons why most people looking to correct their eyesight opt for LASIK surgery:
1. Corrected vision: Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. Corrected vision is the most obvious benefit of opting for LASIK. Those who don’t still find that their vision is dramatically improved and their reliance on eyeglasses or contact lenses is significantly reduced.
2. Painless procedure: Thanks to technological advancements, It is a straightforward, safe, painless, and rapid procedure. People opting for LASIK surgery have not reported any long-term complications. Right before your procedure, your surgeon will place numbing eye drops into both of your eyes. While you may still feel a little bit of pressure during the procedure, you should not feel any pain.
3. Immediate results: Patients can expect drastically improved vision the day after surgery. It allows patients to resume normal activities the day after surgery. Certain activities like swimming or applying eye makeup should refrain for a few weeks.
4. Convenience: Patients do not usually have to use glasses or contact lenses once the surgery is done. After LASIK eye surgery, you can enjoy life without the hassles of glasses or contacts.If you wear contacts, touching your eyes daily can easily irritate them as well as introduce allergens and infections. After LASIK, keep your fingers out of your eyes and reduce these risks.
5. Cost-effectiveness: Some people are intimidated by the cost of LASIK, but when you see the bigger picture, it saves you money over time. The treatment shouldn’t be considered an additional cost in your life but an investment that pays for itself over time. In the long run, LASIK can be more cost-effective than paying for the prolonged expense of glasses and contact lenses.
6. Self-confidence: Many people hate the way they look in glasses, which is also responsible for the kind of confidence they carry. Although they do have an option of wearing contact lenses, there may be times when they cannot do so and have to revert to their glasses. The thought of not having to wear glasses again is reason enough to consider LASIK seriously, which also helps them boost self-confidence.
7. Freedom: Visual freedom is the foremost and the most primary reason for people getting LASIK. The procedure gives you so much more freedom in life; it lets you enjoy and engage in all the activities you want to do without the fear of glasses getting broken or maintaining lens. The procedure is simple, quick with a minimal recovery time, allowing you to enjoy the freedom of life with great vision.
LASIK eye surgery lets you see things more evident almost immediately and from a distance that you couldn’t see before. While your eyesight will likely be hazy, cloudy, or fuzzy initially, it should stabilize and improve within a few hours or days after surgery. Statistical survey shows that 98% of the patients were delighted with their corrected vision after Lasik surgery. The benefits of LASIK are numerous and can improve your overall quality of life.
Aaron Barriga is the online marketing manager for Insight Vision Center. With a knack for understanding medical procedures, and an interest in eye and vision health, Aaron loves to share what he knows and what he learns. He blogs to inform readers about the latest eye care technology and other topics related to eye care, especially LASIK. Aaron loves collecting coasters from the different bars and restaurants he visits during his travels.